One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for silent partner
- ‘Unfortunately, when Indian partners, who have relatively less to bring to the table, turn out to be more like sleeping partners than active ones, they lose out.’
- ‘They prefer not to be in the limelight but are very interested parties - and by no means sleeping partners in this deal.’
- ‘As a sleeping partner in this company, I am called on to advise as to how to manage your life despite leaving everything until the last second.’
- ‘We also have the option of a sleeping partner, who is willing to invest 50% of the cost.’
- ‘But wouldn't a publication dealing with the sleeping partners and fashion sense of the far left be a brilliant idea?’
- ‘Both widows and spinsters were prominent in property ownership and in financing businesses as sleeping partners.’
- ‘We don't intend to be the sleeping partner in Japan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.