One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Another sign should be a triangle depicting a cartoon bomb with the fuse lit, or possibly a sleekly elegant bullet.’
- ‘In its place is a dashboard of sleekly industrial metallic finish, overlapping aluminium-ringed dials, soft-touch surfaces and rubber and felt-lined door pockets and cubbies.’
- ‘Sure, the cars are all sleekly styled and anything electronic is voice-activated.’
- ‘All have tasteful jewelry, sleekly nyloned legs, and the absolute obligation to sit still on stiff chairs.’
- ‘The proposed finish is a high quality, pale coloured clay tile for the sleekly modern buildings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.