One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Someone who kills a person or animal in a violent way.‘David, the slayer of Goliath’‘a dragon slayer’
- ‘He plays the part of a fish who boasts about being a shark slayer.’
- ‘He marched into the country that was ruled over by the slayer of his father.’
- ‘Finally, there is an encounter where a veteran slayer faces down a vampire with a wooden stake in hand.’
- ‘The scorpion holds an infamous place in Greek mythology as the slayer of Orion.’
- ‘They were left to be hunted and terrorized by a group of sociopathic slayers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.