One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It wasn't like I was accusing them of slatternliness.’
- ‘The room in fact was as depressing from its slatternliness as from its atmosphere of erudition.’
- ‘We are talking midweek kitchen suppers here, not grand dinner parties, so the sight of a pan in the middle of the table should not cause too much tut-tutting and accusations of kitchen slatternliness.’
- ‘They have evidently chosen their clothes with great care, for such gaudy slatternliness is not natural.’
- ‘Some evil genius, it might seem, was labouring to harmonise all things into an equal slatternliness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.