One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of playing double bass or bass guitar by pulling and releasing the strings sharply against the fingerboard, used for effect in jazz or popular music.‘it was the blues solo that used to provide feats of dexterity for the exhibitionist, now it's slap bass’
- ‘This is going to put a whole new twist on album reviews… I wonder if it will result in a new trend for slap bass?’
- ‘Nothing is overplayed, there are no slap bass antics here.’
- ‘The club was a cacophony of down tuned guitars, slap bass and the drummer's double kick.’
- ‘But that doesn't quite capture how alien sounding it actually is - it isn't quite funk, but it is funky, full of slap bass, slashing guitar riffs and loads of percussion.’
- ‘So maybe he'll do the rounds and give us a slap bass solo next!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.