One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a spoken statement) false and malicious.‘slanderous allegations’
defamatory, denigratory, disparaging, derogatory, libellous, pejorative, false, untrue, lying, misrepresentative, damaging, injurious, scurrilous, scandalous, poisonous, vicious, opprobrious, malicious, abusive, insultingView synonyms
- ‘Posting of slanderous, libelous, abusive or defamatory material is totally prohibited.’
- ‘Publicly telling someone that they did not belong in a neighborhood could be a very slanderous insult.’
- ‘He began to make slanderous attacks and false accusations against those who questioned his stories.’
- ‘I'm not going to miss the mud-slinging, slanderous, nasty ads on the radio.’
- ‘Prudie only mentions this because to repeat such an accusation, should it be untrue, would be slanderous.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.