One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Women's shoes with very high heels.‘tottering around in skyscraper heels all afternoon had clearly taken a toll on her toes’
- ‘I had been wearing skyscraper heels since I was a girl.’
- ‘Dressed in skyscraper heels and a figure-hugging, jewel-encrusted frock she oozed confidence that touched on the arrogant.’
- ‘Remember the skyscraper heels she used to favour in blithe disregard of the fact that she was pushing 100?’
- ‘She was still trying to decide between skyscraper heels that would make her legs look better or lower heels that would be more comfortable.’
- ‘Alex remembered the micro mini, skyscraper heels and carefully applied makeup Annabelle had worn that night.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.