One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Women's shoes with very high heels.‘tottering around in skyscraper heels all afternoon had clearly taken a toll on her toes’
- ‘Remember the skyscraper heels she used to favour in blithe disregard of the fact that she was pushing 100?’
- ‘She was still trying to decide between skyscraper heels that would make her legs look better or lower heels that would be more comfortable.’
- ‘Alex remembered the micro mini, skyscraper heels and carefully applied makeup Annabelle had worn that night.’
- ‘Dressed in skyscraper heels and a figure-hugging, jewel-encrusted frock she oozed confidence that touched on the arrogant.’
- ‘I had been wearing skyscraper heels since I was a girl.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.