A light sail above the royal.
- ‘Her topgallant, royal and skysail masts are of single spars.’
- ‘A skysail was a lightweight sail hoisted to the very peak of the mast, used only in extremely faint winds.’
- ‘The ship also carried standing skysail pales and yards, a half poop, and had as her figurehead a toothy dragon's head.’
- ‘On the website of skysails there are nice videos of the first test.’
- ‘They actually went aloft, set top-gallant-sails, royals, and skysails, and trimmed the yards to the quartering breeze.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.