One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hit which goes very high.
- ‘By the time he was out, when the substitute Silva caught a skier at mid-wicket off Dilhara, India had effectively won the game.’
- ‘He then misjudged a skier on the mid-wicket fence before Ponting had settled in.’
- ‘Laidlaw also took two fine slip catches, and a skier at mid-wicket, to add to his contribution.’
- ‘He was let off on 47 while trying to sweep Singh, but Indian skipper Sourav Ganguly failed to judge the skyer at mid-wicket.’
- ‘Gupte would have the mortification of seeing mid-on or square-leg drop the skier.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.