One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A representation of a skull with two thigh bones crossed below it as an emblem of piracy or death.
- ‘It also had a reflective skull and crossbones on the front.’
- ‘The battered and corroded drum, marked with a skull and crossbones, was discovered shortly after 9am.’
- ‘Beneath it shimmered a hologram of, quite unpleasantly, a 3 - D bloodied skull and crossbones.’
- ‘In addition, the label shall show a representation of a skull and crossbones.’
- ‘This page about trans fats at the Harvard School of Public Health has a skull and crossbones at the top of it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.