Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Clothing designed or suitable for skiing.
- ‘I like practical, reliable garments that you could use to mountain climb - I started this off by making reversible skiwear with fur.’
- ‘Derby was formerly president of CB Sports, a leading skiwear retailer, and has coached several fast-growing consumer-products companies.’
- ‘Even when it came to Killy skiwear, his parkas were naturally among the warmest to be had!’
- ‘It is a new approach for swimsuits but not for skiing: In 1994, Spyder skiwear founder Dave Jacobs designed a downhill skiing suit with similar raised piping.’
- ‘So Deer Valley is catering to the rich and famous, who actually do buy this year's latest and greatest skis and skiwear.’
- ‘The company is now finalizing contracts with L.L. Bean and the Asian skiwear maker Phenix.’
- ‘He washed dishes, modeled skiwear for a Swedish photographer, bought a valley ski pass, and found an Aussie girlfriend.’
- ‘Asda, which has stores across the area including Hulme and Trafford Park, said sales of skiwear had already jumped 300 per cent this week on last.’
- ‘For sipping hot chocolate or cracking a beer by the fire, the new après skiwear may well be a pinstripe blazer and tie.’
- ‘For those of you who enjoy dabbling on the slopes and showing off the latest in skiwear, there are several alternatives.’
- ‘Currently, U.S. imports from Vietnam are primarily in skiwear, footwear and men's shirts - categories that can be competitively exported by Vietnamese firms.’
- ‘Inspired by skiwear fashions from the 1930's, the winter collection presents an attitude that's rich in contrasts and rooted in the city.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.