One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Clothing designed or suitable for skiing.
- ‘For those of you who enjoy dabbling on the slopes and showing off the latest in skiwear, there are several alternatives.’
- ‘I like practical, reliable garments that you could use to mountain climb - I started this off by making reversible skiwear with fur.’
- ‘Currently, U.S. imports from Vietnam are primarily in skiwear, footwear and men's shirts - categories that can be competitively exported by Vietnamese firms.’
- ‘Even when it came to Killy skiwear, his parkas were naturally among the warmest to be had!’
- ‘Inspired by skiwear fashions from the 1930's, the winter collection presents an attitude that's rich in contrasts and rooted in the city.’
- ‘For sipping hot chocolate or cracking a beer by the fire, the new après skiwear may well be a pinstripe blazer and tie.’
- ‘It is a new approach for swimsuits but not for skiing: In 1994, Spyder skiwear founder Dave Jacobs designed a downhill skiing suit with similar raised piping.’
- ‘He washed dishes, modeled skiwear for a Swedish photographer, bought a valley ski pass, and found an Aussie girlfriend.’
- ‘So Deer Valley is catering to the rich and famous, who actually do buy this year's latest and greatest skis and skiwear.’
- ‘Asda, which has stores across the area including Hulme and Trafford Park, said sales of skiwear had already jumped 300 per cent this week on last.’
- ‘Derby was formerly president of CB Sports, a leading skiwear retailer, and has coached several fast-growing consumer-products companies.’
- ‘The company is now finalizing contracts with L.L. Bean and the Asian skiwear maker Phenix.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.