One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Restless; skittish.‘a skittery horse’
restive, excitable, nervous, easily frightenedView synonyms
- ‘Character and script are more important than plot, which is pretty much coherent but skittery.’
- ‘I have an adopted stray semi-psycho cat, and she has twice lived with other cats, and that has only made her more skittery.’
- ‘Plenty of skittery clicks and cuts finish the mix.’
- ‘In her speedy, skittery conversational style, Karen, 27, says that giving everything of herself didn't leave much.’
- ‘He faced me fully, looking nervous and skittery.’
- ‘I still remember that tight skittery feeling in the pit of my stomach from all the different schools I attended.’
- ‘Sunny days are okay, but if the water is sub 10-feet the bream can be shy and skittery and bites are difficult to hit.’
- ‘Humpies and dogs are jumping their skittery jumps along the skin of the water.’
- ‘The standout songs are the slow-burning piano jam ‘Selfish’ and the skittery funk of ‘Do You.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.