One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A beefsteak cut from the diaphragm muscle.
- ‘In Argentina a pepper sauce might be used to spice up an indifferent cut of meat, a slightly stringy piece of rump or some cheap skirt steak.’
- ‘The only false note among the entrées was a skirt steak that I found a bit liverish.’
- ‘I was ordering pallets full of skirt steaks and chicken breasts.’
- ‘Order skirt steak in other parts of the Midwest, and the butcher-paper-wrapped package may bear the label ‘steak for fajitas.’’
- ‘This year at the Pocono 500, we did polenta, shrimp scampi, barbecue brisket, ribs, skirt steak, braciole and berries with zabaglione.’
- ‘We also had the Mexican style skirt steak with cheese enchilada and Mexican rice and beans, sizzling fajitas and the BBQ ribs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.