One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A beefsteak cut from the diaphragm muscle.
- ‘This year at the Pocono 500, we did polenta, shrimp scampi, barbecue brisket, ribs, skirt steak, braciole and berries with zabaglione.’
- ‘We also had the Mexican style skirt steak with cheese enchilada and Mexican rice and beans, sizzling fajitas and the BBQ ribs.’
- ‘The only false note among the entrées was a skirt steak that I found a bit liverish.’
- ‘I was ordering pallets full of skirt steaks and chicken breasts.’
- ‘Order skirt steak in other parts of the Midwest, and the butcher-paper-wrapped package may bear the label ‘steak for fajitas.’’
- ‘In Argentina a pepper sauce might be used to spice up an indifferent cut of meat, a slightly stringy piece of rump or some cheap skirt steak.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.