A man who pursues women amorously and is casual in his affections; a womanizer.
philanderer, ladies' man, playboy, rake, roué, loose-liver, don juan, lothario, casanova, romeoView synonyms
- ‘Like many other men who are unrepentant skirt-chasers, he appears to hold women in an awkward place between reverence, fear, and contempt.’
- ‘So it was that David turned into something of a reveler and a skirt-chaser, instead of the quiet youth he was before.’
- ‘Besides, Robinson was supposed to have been one of the most incorrigible skirt-chasers of his time.’
- ‘Smitten with Angel, a high-maintenance diva, Troy vows to relinquish the life of a skirt-chaser if only he can get Angel in his arms.’
- ‘Michael preferred the term skirt-chaser, but it was personal preference.’
- ‘C. David Johnson hams it up deliciously as the foolish, old skirt-chaser, though he sacrifices a few lines to his comic bluster.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.