One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In several little fields were knots of skirmishers.’
- ‘At this sign of the possible proximity of Indians, skirmishers deployed, and the advance resumed.’
- ‘In an earlier time, they would have been called skirmishers.’
- ‘Quickly following Miller in the charge came the infantrymen and Winters's dismounted cavalry moving as skirmishers.’
- ‘I knew I couldn't sleep, but I still had to keep my eyes open to watch for skirmishers, or raiders sneaking up on us in the night.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.