One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A beetle that feeds on carrion, hide, or similar material, and is sometimes a serious pest of stored goods.
- ‘While all are great shots and I agree with Deb about the last one, I am fascinated by the shadows of the hairs on the leaves of the skin beetle shot.’
- ‘In some cases, as in many skin beetles, the whole life cycle will take no more than three to four weeks.’
- ‘I tried looking on google images for a picture of skin beetles, but didn't really find an awful lot.’
- ‘The khapra beetle is a beetle of the skin beetle family (Dermestidae).’
- ‘Dermestid, or skin beetles, are one of the more destructive of the beetles, at least as far as humans are concerned.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.