One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘skimo is big in Europe where there are hundreds of races a year’short for ski mountaineeringas modifier ‘he got involved in skimo racing in France’
- ‘My theory is that skimo racing is finally making inroads into ski touring gear choices.’
- ‘Scots ski centres will be host to skimo, which is already a national sport in several European countries’
- ‘I race skimo, and while my weight is competitive, I am definitely not one of the skinny guys at the races.’
- ‘The trick with both race courses is while they involve plenty of climbing, they tend to present more horizontal travel than most skimo races.’
- ‘I've observed quite a few skimo races in Austria and Italy, as well as even entered a few as novice racer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.