One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Milk from which the cream has been removed.
- ‘If your child is over 2 years old, use skim milk or low-fat milk.’
- ‘In a controlled-calorie diet, you can have skim milk, yogurt and a full-fat cheese.’
- ‘Already, WIC officials have decided to distribute 1 percent and skim milk instead of whole milk to families with children over 2 years old.’
- ‘Le Petit Suisse is made from skim milk, cream, and ferments lactiques.’
- ‘Next, the milk is separated into skim milk and cream.’
- ‘Additionally lacto-vegetarians can get plenty of calcium from skim milk, nonfat yogurt, and low-fat cheeses.’
- ‘Each daily serving of skim milk or low-fat yogurt reduced gout risk by about 21 percent, the data suggest.’
- ‘For example, a ballet dancer who reintroduced yogurt and skim milk to her diet reports her cramps disappeared.’
- ‘Substitute evaporated skim milk for cream in recipes for soups and sauces.’
- ‘In L.A., the celebrities are drinking Skinny White Russians using soy milk or skim milk.’
- ‘Consumption of whole milk and skim milk is associated with a slightly increased risk of acne in teenage patients.’
- ‘Add evaporated milk, skim milk, spices and flavorings, and blend well.’
- ‘Eat lean meat, roast or broil foods rather than fry them and replace high-fat dairy products with skim milk and low-fat yogurt and cheeses.’
- ‘Actimel is made of milk, skim milk, sugar, glucose and yogurt cultures.’
- ‘As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or whole milk.’
- ‘The condensed skim milk and cream are combined to create cheddar cheese.’
- ‘An example would be a cereal such as muesli (not sugared), skim milk or soy milk, raisins or some fresh fruit, and almonds.’
- ‘Make sensible choices, such as low-fat plain yogurt, skim milk, and low-fat cheese.’
- ‘Milks other than skim milk contain a lot of unnecessary fat.’
- ‘First, milk is separated into two components: skim milk with virtually no cream and heavy cream with 45 percent butterfat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.