Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Milk from which the cream has been removed.
- ‘Make sensible choices, such as low-fat plain yogurt, skim milk, and low-fat cheese.’
- ‘Already, WIC officials have decided to distribute 1 percent and skim milk instead of whole milk to families with children over 2 years old.’
- ‘Actimel is made of milk, skim milk, sugar, glucose and yogurt cultures.’
- ‘Additionally lacto-vegetarians can get plenty of calcium from skim milk, nonfat yogurt, and low-fat cheeses.’
- ‘Eat lean meat, roast or broil foods rather than fry them and replace high-fat dairy products with skim milk and low-fat yogurt and cheeses.’
- ‘Next, the milk is separated into skim milk and cream.’
- ‘For example, a ballet dancer who reintroduced yogurt and skim milk to her diet reports her cramps disappeared.’
- ‘Add evaporated milk, skim milk, spices and flavorings, and blend well.’
- ‘Le Petit Suisse is made from skim milk, cream, and ferments lactiques.’
- ‘In a controlled-calorie diet, you can have skim milk, yogurt and a full-fat cheese.’
- ‘First, milk is separated into two components: skim milk with virtually no cream and heavy cream with 45 percent butterfat.’
- ‘Each daily serving of skim milk or low-fat yogurt reduced gout risk by about 21 percent, the data suggest.’
- ‘In L.A., the celebrities are drinking Skinny White Russians using soy milk or skim milk.’
- ‘The condensed skim milk and cream are combined to create cheddar cheese.’
- ‘As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or whole milk.’
- ‘If your child is over 2 years old, use skim milk or low-fat milk.’
- ‘Consumption of whole milk and skim milk is associated with a slightly increased risk of acne in teenage patients.’
- ‘Milks other than skim milk contain a lot of unnecessary fat.’
- ‘An example would be a cereal such as muesli (not sugared), skim milk or soy milk, raisins or some fresh fruit, and almonds.’
- ‘Substitute evaporated skim milk for cream in recipes for soups and sauces.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.