Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Milk from which the cream has been removed.
- ‘In L.A., the celebrities are drinking Skinny White Russians using soy milk or skim milk.’
- ‘Consumption of whole milk and skim milk is associated with a slightly increased risk of acne in teenage patients.’
- ‘An example would be a cereal such as muesli (not sugared), skim milk or soy milk, raisins or some fresh fruit, and almonds.’
- ‘Milks other than skim milk contain a lot of unnecessary fat.’
- ‘Actimel is made of milk, skim milk, sugar, glucose and yogurt cultures.’
- ‘For example, a ballet dancer who reintroduced yogurt and skim milk to her diet reports her cramps disappeared.’
- ‘Additionally lacto-vegetarians can get plenty of calcium from skim milk, nonfat yogurt, and low-fat cheeses.’
- ‘If your child is over 2 years old, use skim milk or low-fat milk.’
- ‘Next, the milk is separated into skim milk and cream.’
- ‘Make sensible choices, such as low-fat plain yogurt, skim milk, and low-fat cheese.’
- ‘Eat lean meat, roast or broil foods rather than fry them and replace high-fat dairy products with skim milk and low-fat yogurt and cheeses.’
- ‘First, milk is separated into two components: skim milk with virtually no cream and heavy cream with 45 percent butterfat.’
- ‘Le Petit Suisse is made from skim milk, cream, and ferments lactiques.’
- ‘Already, WIC officials have decided to distribute 1 percent and skim milk instead of whole milk to families with children over 2 years old.’
- ‘Substitute evaporated skim milk for cream in recipes for soups and sauces.’
- ‘The condensed skim milk and cream are combined to create cheddar cheese.’
- ‘Add evaporated milk, skim milk, spices and flavorings, and blend well.’
- ‘As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or whole milk.’
- ‘Each daily serving of skim milk or low-fat yogurt reduced gout risk by about 21 percent, the data suggest.’
- ‘In a controlled-calorie diet, you can have skim milk, yogurt and a full-fat cheese.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.