One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With skill or dexterity; cleverly.‘a skillfully crafted thriller’‘skillfully carved marble handicrafts’‘they skillfully evaded the question’
- ‘He skilfully convinces Othello that his wife Desdemona has been adulterous with Cassio.’
- ‘I was speedily made aware of rich, firm tonal assurance by each player, and the way they skilfully blended together.’
- ‘The elements of photography have been skilfully woven into the cinematography.’
- ‘This five-minute masterwork is complete with a skilfully composed guitar lead, which appears in the midst of trance-like musical conditions.’
- ‘Even with its uneven moments, it is a skilfully written book that never stops inventing.’
- ‘The film skilfully keeps the leads straight, relying on support to bear the brunt of the comedy.’
- ‘Even in his climactic speech, he skilfully keeps you guessing.’
- ‘They scarcely knew one another personally, but the idea of a group identity was skilfully promoted by the Kansas art dealer.’
- ‘The characters are credible and beguiling, and skilfully rendered by the cast.’
- ‘The chilling realities of street life are skilfully combined with the familiar trappings of adolescence to create a tense, powerful drama.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.