One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A road surface used for testing the ability of automobiles to withstand lateral acceleration.
- ‘Henning said the huge crowds meant that the donut competition on the skidpan had to be cancelled for safety reasons.’
- ‘Millar crashed twice on roads that, with incessant rain, resembled a skidpan.’
- ‘It started life as a Fairmont, but nobody is going to say the Fox platform is obsolete after they see it pull over one G on the skidpad.’
- ‘So imagine Nadia Comaneci doing her pirouettes and tumbles, not on a nice sprung floor, but on a skidpan.’
- ‘It feels fantastic on the road at any speed and generates an impressive 0.9 g's on a skidpad on Michelin ZP high-performance run-flat tires.’
- ‘The Alphera Dutton Rally is for road-registered performance cars competing in 24 separate driving tests, including timed laps, slaloms and wet skidpans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.