One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Skiing across open country, walking uphill on skis as well as skiing downhill.
- ‘It would seem that this is the nature of the ski touring mentality: days of dogged endurance are totally eclipsed by the occasional stratospheric high.’
- ‘Even so, ski touring a short distance with that kind of load is not as bad as it sounds, since you slide your skis rather than lift them.’
- ‘Sunsets are among the many benefits of ski touring across the Greenland Ice Cap in the summer.’
- ‘But it was soon clear that such a hut was too far from what America's ski touring public was used to.’
- ‘Photographs taken by the Pigs on the Hill, a dedicated group of ski bums, show off the region's extreme backcountry trails and ski touring terrain.’
- ‘Twenty years ago when I was doing my ski touring, we weren't interested in going on avalanche slopes.’
- ‘During the winter her main activities are off-piste skiing and ski touring.’
- ‘And for back-and-forth endeavors like ski touring - you're cold, then hot, then cold again - midweights split the difference.’
- ‘The next winter, after I'd moved here full time, I did a ton of ski touring.’
- ‘Remember, this problem only occurs after many vertical feet of ski touring.’
- ‘Many local ski tourers consider Broads Fork to be the crown jewel in the Wasatch Mountains.’
- ‘The youngest ski tourer was only 5 ½, and many families embarked on the challenge together.’
- ‘There are three different models for competitive ski tourers, powder snow fans and ski mountaineers.’
- ‘Some recreational ski tourers are switching to skating from the slower, traditional stride.’
- ‘This camp is designed for fit experienced backcountry ski tourers using either AT or Telemark equipment.’
ski touring/skē ˈto͝oriNG/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.