One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system used to transport skiers up a slope to the top of a run, typically consisting of moving seats attached to an overhead cable.
- ‘We grabbed the snowboards and took the ski lift up.’
- ‘‘That's why you're operating the ski lift,’ Josh said, grinning.’
- ‘The first group is waiting by the pommel bar ski lift on the nursery slope beside the Hotel du Parc.’
- ‘A little ways away was one of the ski lift supports.’
- ‘Ariyah had simply not heard it, or thought it was the ski lift.’
- ‘The President broke her ankle when she tried to board a ski lift in the Austrian resort of Bad Hofgastein on Christmas Eve.’
- ‘Us girls went to rent some snowboards and took the ski lift up the slope.’
- ‘I rode the ski lift the opposite way down the entire mountain.’
- ‘The other great thing about the Winter Kit is the nice insulated backpack that just fits the H20 bladder, and doesn't get in the way on a ski lift.’
- ‘As we ascended the mountain in the ski lift there was a lot of oohing and aahing and I guessed then that he was about to pop the question.’
- ‘She ignores me, and gets onto the next ski lift seat.’
- ‘Elsa sat on the ski lift and inhaled the sweet mountain air.’
- ‘Since the first ski lift was built in 1959, three years after the resort opened, the Glencoe centre has been a favourite destination for British skiers.’
- ‘It doesn't need vehicle transport and can also go up on the ski lift with no hassle.’
- ‘A woman sitting next to me on the ski lift claimed she actually skis best when she's wearing Prada.’
- ‘He was close to the top of the slope, having just come off of the ski lift for the last time.’
- ‘I mastered the triple loop but also enjoyed the ride on the ski lift to the cabin and the warm hot chocolate with those tiny marshmallows.’
- ‘The partners wanted to build a restaurant next to the ski lift, the obvious spot since it would get the most traffic.’
- ‘In one case a skier took off his gloves and grasped a ski lift pole with his bare hand.’
- ‘‘Jess, she just wants to go on a ski lift,’ Liam tried.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.