One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system used to transport skiers up a slope to the top of a run, typically consisting of moving seats attached to an overhead cable.
- ‘I rode the ski lift the opposite way down the entire mountain.’
- ‘A little ways away was one of the ski lift supports.’
- ‘‘Jess, she just wants to go on a ski lift,’ Liam tried.’
- ‘The President broke her ankle when she tried to board a ski lift in the Austrian resort of Bad Hofgastein on Christmas Eve.’
- ‘We grabbed the snowboards and took the ski lift up.’
- ‘The first group is waiting by the pommel bar ski lift on the nursery slope beside the Hotel du Parc.’
- ‘I mastered the triple loop but also enjoyed the ride on the ski lift to the cabin and the warm hot chocolate with those tiny marshmallows.’
- ‘The partners wanted to build a restaurant next to the ski lift, the obvious spot since it would get the most traffic.’
- ‘A woman sitting next to me on the ski lift claimed she actually skis best when she's wearing Prada.’
- ‘The other great thing about the Winter Kit is the nice insulated backpack that just fits the H20 bladder, and doesn't get in the way on a ski lift.’
- ‘She ignores me, and gets onto the next ski lift seat.’
- ‘As we ascended the mountain in the ski lift there was a lot of oohing and aahing and I guessed then that he was about to pop the question.’
- ‘Us girls went to rent some snowboards and took the ski lift up the slope.’
- ‘Ariyah had simply not heard it, or thought it was the ski lift.’
- ‘Elsa sat on the ski lift and inhaled the sweet mountain air.’
- ‘Since the first ski lift was built in 1959, three years after the resort opened, the Glencoe centre has been a favourite destination for British skiers.’
- ‘It doesn't need vehicle transport and can also go up on the ski lift with no hassle.’
- ‘In one case a skier took off his gloves and grasped a ski lift pole with his bare hand.’
- ‘‘That's why you're operating the ski lift,’ Josh said, grinning.’
- ‘He was close to the top of the slope, having just come off of the ski lift for the last time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.