One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device resembling a bicycle with skis instead of wheels, used for sliding down snow-covered slopes.
- ‘Snow tends to interfere with the operation of the motor, which in the case of a ski-bob is often an air-cooled internal combustion engine, in several ways.’
Ride a ski-bob.
- ‘If you are planning to snow-blade or ice skate, or to go tobogganing, snow-mobiling or ski-bobbing, check your cover before you set off.’
- ‘In the winter, also popular are tobogganing, sleigh rides, ski-bobbing and curling.’
- ‘Henry has been ski-bobbing longer that he cares to remember and is a great ambassador for the sport.’
- ‘Apart from ski-bobbing during the day we spent many gourmet hours tasting and learning about Austrian food.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.