A device resembling a bicycle with skis instead of wheels, used for sliding down snow-covered slopes.
- ‘Snow tends to interfere with the operation of the motor, which in the case of a ski-bob is often an air-cooled internal combustion engine, in several ways.’
Ride a ski-bob.
- ‘Apart from ski-bobbing during the day we spent many gourmet hours tasting and learning about Austrian food.’
- ‘In the winter, also popular are tobogganing, sleigh rides, ski-bobbing and curling.’
- ‘Henry has been ski-bobbing longer that he cares to remember and is a great ambassador for the sport.’
- ‘If you are planning to snow-blade or ice skate, or to go tobogganing, snow-mobiling or ski-bobbing, check your cover before you set off.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.