1A pad or book of drawing paper for sketching on.
notebook, notepad, writing pad, memo pad, jotter, tablet, block, sketch padView synonyms
- ‘He wrapped his free arm around her shoulders, and she watched the surrounding landscape appear on his sketch pad.’
- ‘I copied everything I could, filling up my notebook and moving on to my sketch pad.’
- ‘Taking a small charcoal depiction of a bike from his sketch pad, he turned it upside down and copied it this way onto the wall.’
- ‘She gave a small sigh and put down her sketch pad.’
- ‘She sat on the dock and pulled out her sketch pad.’
- ‘Sophia stared down at the sketch pad, and made a mark with the charcoal stick on the paper, imitating the shadows beneath the tree.’
- ‘I grabbed my sketch pad and some pencils from the glove compartment, where I always kept them, and headed to the nearest tree for shade.’
- ‘But then he set aside his sketch pad and computer play and settled down to serious work.’
- ‘She picked up her sketch pad and began sketching the sunset outside the window.’
- ‘I pulled out my usual sandwich and my sketch pad.’
- ‘A few minutes later Mary emerged with the sketch pad opened to Cierra's latest drawing.’
- ‘He was a man who preferred to have a sketch pad and a couple of pencils in his pocket and to be out in the countryside and fresh air.’
- ‘An artist might be effectively disabled without her sketch pad, or a physicist without her computer.’
- ‘Almost on impulse, she reached for her sketch pad and started to draw him.’
- ‘Sasha was stretched out with his sketch pad, making charcoal pictures of Emily one after another.’
- ‘I sat cross legged on the floor, my sketch pad in hand.’
- ‘He pulled out his sketch pad to pass the time away.’
- ‘In a few minutes she was back, carrying my sketch pad.’
- ‘Her sketch pad was in her lap with many used sticks of charcoal scattered on the open paper and near her feet.’
- ‘She works in the glove department of Saks Fifth Avenue, returning home to a modest apartment, a cat, a sketch pad and her oppressive loneliness.’
- 1.1 A book of drawings or literary sketches.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.