One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At your age, your body is still developing, skeletally and hormonally, so a regular training program, a whole-food diet high in protein and good sleeping habits should be sufficient to promote muscular growth.’
- ‘Active young adults who are skeletally mature are at increased risk for stress fracture of the femoral neck.’
- ‘Not only are they dentally impaired but skeletally out of proportion.’
- ‘She became skeletally thin, and lost her eyesight in one eye.’
- ‘She is skeletally thin, with hollow, cadaverous eyes and cheeks.’
- ‘A pack of skeletally thin dogs, which have followed their owners, sniff the wet patches of grass for scraps of food.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.