One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She became skeletally thin, and lost her eyesight in one eye.’
- ‘A pack of skeletally thin dogs, which have followed their owners, sniff the wet patches of grass for scraps of food.’
- ‘Not only are they dentally impaired but skeletally out of proportion.’
- ‘At your age, your body is still developing, skeletally and hormonally, so a regular training program, a whole-food diet high in protein and good sleeping habits should be sufficient to promote muscular growth.’
- ‘Active young adults who are skeletally mature are at increased risk for stress fracture of the femoral neck.’
- ‘She is skeletally thin, with hollow, cadaverous eyes and cheeks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.