One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I have a busy sked’short for schedule
- ‘I also have more stuff to promote now than I did a few years ago, and my travel sked is getting fairly flypapery as well.’
- ‘Both myself and the organizers overlooked it when we proofread the sked.’
- ‘Good trip - I left Portland's Union Station exactly on sked, 4: 45 pm on Wednesday May 7th.’
- ‘Though we live in different cities, Sinjun and I talk occasionally, despite hectic skeds filled with torturous school and socializing.’
- ‘I'm just going to print off the TV sked from here and stick it on the fridge.’
- ‘his wife was skedded to appear with him’short for schedule
- ‘The star singer-songwriters were recently skedded to appear together in a photo shoot for a magazine cover.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.