One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A short dress with a fitted waist and a skirt that flares into an A-line shape.‘Lizzie looked stylish in a cream skater dress’
- ‘She looked back to her best in a flirty black skater dress with a cut-out in the back.’
- ‘She donned a strapless coral skater dress with edgy neon heels.’
- ‘A skater dress is always a versatile buy.’
- ‘I cinched a leopard skater dress with a studded belt, then finished with rain-ready combat boots.’
- ‘Clad in a floral skater dress with a coordinating peekaboo underskirt, she posed affectionately at the premiere with her co-star.’
- ‘The actress poses in a blue and gold skater dress with Peter Pan collar.’
- ‘Like many other vintage clothes, skater dresses also came to limelight with eminent celebrities.’
- ‘We've managed to find some very cute long-sleeved red skater dresses that won't require you getting a payday loan at the end of the month!’
- ‘The skater dresses could be worn to work.’
- ‘She was wearing a leather skater dress and cream fur overcoat.’
1990s: from the resemblance to a characteristic style of dress worn by female figure skaters.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.