One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who skates, especially on ice.‘he was working as a professional skater at ice shows’
- ‘The child is an accomplished skater, and it is in her best interests to continue this activity.’
- ‘At the roaring bonfire, skaters can warm up with hot chocolate.’
- ‘For the only time in his 50 years as a passionate New England skater, large parts of Long Island Sound froze solid enough to be skated on.’
- ‘The grace and poise of those skaters is astounding.’
- ‘It is high time that the ballet teachers behind the famous skaters are recognized for their contributions.’
- ‘Many wrong notes or a big memory lapse can be compared to a fall on the ice for the skater.’
- ‘It is like watching a bunch of Olympic skaters who have entirely failed to notice that they are on treacherously thin ice.’
- ‘Skaters circle a section of ice set against a backdrop of pine-covered rolling hills.’
- ‘Pulsing disco music emanated from a DJ station in the middle as skaters whirled by.’
- ‘Sometimes the dancers donned business suits and tried in vain to emulate the skaters' seamless glide and careless cool.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.