One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I thought the skag head had jumped in the car right there.’
- ‘When I was a kid, I would have confessed to having done skag if it would make me look hard and edgy.’
- ‘And with his money, he'll have every skag dealer inside throwing drugs at him until he's bled dry and out of it.’
- ‘Anything that makes kids read instead of shooting up skag is a good thing in my opinion.’
- ‘I'd say it wouldn't take much to make him try a bit of the old skag.’
- ‘Let the mocking world slide by as long as I've got my scag and my needle.’
2derogatory An unattractive woman.
Early 20th century (in sense ‘cigarette’): of unknown origin.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.