One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very small size of women's clothing.
- ‘"So what if a model is size zero?"’
- ‘I don't think politicians should get involved in the debate on size zero in fashion.’
- ‘In the fashion world, "size zero" appears for the first time, as does " man-bag ".’
- ‘The models you are used to seeing wear anything from a size two to a size zero, Stacy Nado is a size 10.’
- ‘The current trend for actresses and models to be a tiny "size zero" was " unbelievably disturbing ", Kate Winslet said yesterday.’
- ‘"It just goes to show that you don't need to be a size zero to get the good work," said Miss Renton.’
- ‘"If only I'd been a size zero."’
- ‘"In Hollywood, women have to be size zero," she explains.’
- ‘Those with 26 and 28 inch waists will also be classed as the male equivalent of a female size zero and will not be allowed to take part.’
- ‘Eva Longoria has laughed off rumours she is pregnant, claiming that even after putting on a few pounds she is " still a size zero ".’
- ‘According to the survey, six out of 10 women think "size zero" is attractive and 97 per cent think size 12 is fat.’
- ‘They're not a size zero, and they're not sorry about it.’
- ‘I'm aware that neither do I have Shilpa Shetty's figure nor do I have to advocate size zero.’
- ‘Jennifer, who appeared much slimmer in a recent ad campaign, fumed, "Size zero doesn't make you beautiful."’
- ‘"The problem now is that girls want to be a size 2 or worse, size zero," Lerner said.’
- ‘"I am a size zero, and I consider myself a real woman."’
- ‘I was a size zero.’
- ‘I haven't been a size zero in forever either.’
- ‘"I call them the ' size zero girls,'" Wright says, " because they really do wear size zero.’
- ‘So when Baroness Kingsmill published her interim report on the Model Health Inquiry yesterday, I was not surprised to yet again see zero action on size zero.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.