A style of riding in which a rider remains seated while a horse is trotting, rather than rising from the saddle on alternate strides.
- ‘Put one hand on the small of your back, or lift both of your knees to feel how to align your seat and pelvic bones properly in the sitting trot.’
- ‘Begin on a large circle at the sitting trot.’
- ‘I started with a walk and got to a sitting trot - I am going to save the other two speeds for next time.’
- ‘Yesterday those devoted to dressage lined the main arena to watch every move, every stop, every step back and each canter, circle and sitting trot.’
- ‘The sitting trot survives, to this day, when British Household Cavalry rides on parade.’