One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Born in Ohio, he had an uneven boyhood, curiously dyslexic yet smart, sissyish in team sports but very competent athletically in individual competition.’
- ‘For him, all that dancing was a sissyish waste of calories.’
- ‘While he was fond of the theatre, he was wary of music as bordering on the sissyish.’
- ‘Their style was meant to symbolize tough, patriotic, working-class attitudes in contrast to the supposedly sissyish, pacifist, middle-class views of the hippies.’
- ‘Doting mothers adored the clothes, and the long flowing curls, but their sons did not like them at all, and found them uncomfortable and sissyish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.