One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘While he was fond of the theatre, he was wary of music as bordering on the sissyish.’
- ‘For him, all that dancing was a sissyish waste of calories.’
- ‘Born in Ohio, he had an uneven boyhood, curiously dyslexic yet smart, sissyish in team sports but very competent athletically in individual competition.’
- ‘Doting mothers adored the clothes, and the long flowing curls, but their sons did not like them at all, and found them uncomfortable and sissyish.’
- ‘Their style was meant to symbolize tough, patriotic, working-class attitudes in contrast to the supposedly sissyish, pacifist, middle-class views of the hippies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.