One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Back syphonage takes place due to emptying of upstream pipework and normally happens when the system is drained or a ruptured pipe causes discharge of the water.’
- ‘Backflow is an undesirable reversal of normal flow, created by back pressure or back syphonage within a potable water system.’
- ‘A loud sucking noise in the piping of a fixture indicates that there is a siphonage action which needs correction.’
- ‘The port protector caps have a wick-type design to assure water passage through the siphonage drain lines.’
- ‘If the hose is connected with an airtight joint, provision should be made to prevent syphonage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.