Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of a nasal sinus.
- ‘Patients often give a history of recurrent attacks of bronchitis, chronic sinusitis, and pneumonia.’
- ‘History of any prior pneumonia and sinusitis was recorded from the patient problem list.’
- ‘People who have allergy-based asthma often have chronic sinusitis as well.’
- ‘One possible stimulus that may exacerbate asthma is chronic sinusitis.’
- ‘He stressed that surgical candidates are typically those with a past history of sinusitis, or nasal trauma.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.