Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who transgresses against divine law by committing an immoral act or acts.
wrongdoer, evil-doer, transgressor, offender, criminalmiscreant, trespasser, reprobateView synonyms
- ‘The suffering and death of Jesus Christ were an essential part of God's plan to save sinners.’
- ‘A baptism of repentance is appropriate for sinners, but not for Jesus.’
- ‘Everyone is a sinner and God will of course forgive those who truly repent.’
- ‘Jesus reaffirms his unwavering confidence in the Father, even as he bears the Father's wrath in the place of sinners.’
- ‘Paul stresses that the primary purpose why Jesus came into the world was to save sinners.’
- ‘I may be a sinner, but the sinner whom these prayers were describing was not me.’
- ‘If you don't turn to your life over to God he can't hear the prayer of a sinner.’
- ‘There are feelings of concern for lost sinners who are without God and without hope.’
- ‘Only Christ crucified and risen can save sinners separated from God.’
- ‘I am still a sinner, but I can say with assurance that I am a sinner saved by God's grace.’
- ‘Is showing love, or even friendship, with the sinner a sign of condoning the sin?’
- ‘We must preach to sinners the good news of salvation through the grace of a sovereign God.’
- ‘Repentant sinners may do more for God's glory than some of those who judge them harshly.’
- ‘He helped me to see that I was a sinner who needed the saving grace of Almighty God.’
- ‘Dear God, I acknowledge I am a sinner and because I am a sinner I know through your word that I am alienated from you.’
- ‘I am here as the chief of sinners saved by grace and to tell you that the grace which has saved me can surely save you.’
- ‘Today we are attempting to make the Gospel a means of bringing sinners into God's holy Presence.’
- ‘He invites us not because we are righteous but because we are sinners who need His salvation.’
- ‘The third aspect of our baptismal identity as God's new creation involves learning to be a sinner.’
- ‘God is so big and so pure that mortal sinners dare not to approach Him upon pain of death.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.