One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A supporter of the Irish unionist party Sinn Fein or its policies.‘he claimed to be a Sinn Feiner’
- ‘He was an open sympathizer with the Sinn Feiners.’
- ‘He joined Belfast City Council, the first Sinn Feiner to be elected in east Belfast.’
- ‘They mistook him for his namesake, a Sinn Feiner.’
- ‘Da has been chosen to be the election agent for a Dublin Sinn Feiner.’
- ‘Mainstream Sinn Feiners were very disparaging of his decision.’
- ‘In 1919, frustration over the lack of Home Rule led the Irish Sinn Feiners to form their own parliament, known as Dail Eireann.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.