One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pitcher who primarily throws pitches that drop markedly as they near home plate.‘the sinkerballer threw four scoreless innings’
- ‘He's a sinkerballer who can also strike people out.’
- ‘The sinkerballer also induced eight groundballs to only four flyballs.’
- ‘Sinkerballers live dangerously because the ball is constantly in play.’
- ‘Once again, the sinkerballer was doomed by one problematic inning.’
- ‘Francis and Garland are both sinkerballers who throw a big curveball.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.