One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in China) a female entertainer.
- ‘But the war's end heralded a prosperous age for Chinatown, a bustling, noisy, colourful area of street theatre, singsong girls, food stalls, dragon parades and other festivities.’
- ‘At the top end of the scale were gaily decorated establishments featuring singsong girls and dancers.’
- ‘As the money flows again and the foreigners return, the singsong girl too is making a comeback.’
- ‘He listens to her, he even starts to help the singsong girls, because she tells him to.’
- ‘If your city is Changan, then get poets to come and declaim their works while beautiful singsong girls in translucent dresses play the lute in the background.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.