One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in China) a female entertainer.
- ‘If your city is Changan, then get poets to come and declaim their works while beautiful singsong girls in translucent dresses play the lute in the background.’
- ‘At the top end of the scale were gaily decorated establishments featuring singsong girls and dancers.’
- ‘He listens to her, he even starts to help the singsong girls, because she tells him to.’
- ‘But the war's end heralded a prosperous age for Chinatown, a bustling, noisy, colourful area of street theatre, singsong girls, food stalls, dragon parades and other festivities.’
- ‘As the money flows again and the foreigners return, the singsong girl too is making a comeback.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.