One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bar for single people seeking company.
- ‘When you go to singles bars you really do have to scrub up, don that expensive suit, and make an impression before any words come out of your mouth.’
- ‘Then you are looking to the wrong singles bars for companionship.’
- ‘Reasons for using this source may be a dislike of singles bars, the desire to meet someone ‘like my late wife,’ and a willingness to try a new method for meeting a ‘special somebody.’’
- ‘This suggests that there may be much more going on in social settings like singles bars than meets the eye.’
- ‘I hate to break it to you, and it's really unfortunate, but you may want to try singles bars.’
singles bar/ˈsiNGɡəlz bär/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.