One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bar for single people seeking company.
- ‘This suggests that there may be much more going on in social settings like singles bars than meets the eye.’
- ‘I hate to break it to you, and it's really unfortunate, but you may want to try singles bars.’
- ‘Then you are looking to the wrong singles bars for companionship.’
- ‘Reasons for using this source may be a dislike of singles bars, the desire to meet someone ‘like my late wife,’ and a willingness to try a new method for meeting a ‘special somebody.’’
- ‘When you go to singles bars you really do have to scrub up, don that expensive suit, and make an impression before any words come out of your mouth.’
singles bar/ˈsiNGɡəlz bär/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.