One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An association of countries trading with each other without restrictions or tariffs. The European single market came into effect on January 1, 1993.
- ‘In 1988 the Cecchini report looked at the advantages of cooperation for a European single market.’
- ‘The reason for this is Bulgaria's internally increasing use of the rules of the European single market.’
- ‘The single market, or internal market as it is also known, builds upon the customs union that was established in the 1960s.’
- ‘Important, though much less visible, have been the social policy effects of the single market's development itself.’
- ‘In theory, this is one of those times when the European single market proves its worth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.