Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Give a franchise to a single supplier for (a particular product)
- ‘The Focus' front and rear suspensions are both single-sourced from Benteler as modules and supplied to Ford worldwide.’
- ‘Ford took a risk by single-sourcing the '02 Explorer's interior trim.’
- ‘But if it's a low-volume product, it may make sense to single-source.’
- ‘It is an excellent analysis of the technical hole Apple has worked itself into by single-sourcing its chips from USS Clueless.’
- ‘And even much of that was single-sourced, and often to unreliable sources.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.