Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Give a franchise to a single supplier for (a particular product)
- ‘It is an excellent analysis of the technical hole Apple has worked itself into by single-sourcing its chips from USS Clueless.’
- ‘But if it's a low-volume product, it may make sense to single-source.’
- ‘Ford took a risk by single-sourcing the '02 Explorer's interior trim.’
- ‘The Focus' front and rear suspensions are both single-sourced from Benteler as modules and supplied to Ford worldwide.’
- ‘And even much of that was single-sourced, and often to unreliable sources.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.