One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an electronic device) designed for use with unbalanced signals and therefore having one input and one output terminal grounded.
- ‘If the interfaces are correctly designed, plugging a single-ended device into a differential bus will not damage anything.’
- ‘New designs for single-ended devices should use the UltraSCSI speed for transferring data.’
- ‘These terminators will run in LVD mode if everything on the bus is LVD or they will switch to single ended active terminators if there are single-ended devices on the bus.’
- ‘In order for the configuration to run at Ultra 160 SCSI speeds, there can be no single-ended devices attached to the bus.’
- ‘Electromyographic signals collected from the electrodes were passed through a single-ended amplifier to an eight-channel FM transmitter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.