One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a jacket or coat) showing only one row of buttons at the front when fastened.
- ‘A single-breasted overcoat closes with a narrow overlap and fastens down in front with a single row of buttons.’
- ‘It combines fitted flat-front trousers with a three-button single-breasted jacket that features a notched collar, two front flap pockets, one chest welt pocket, and a vented rear center seam.’
- ‘The single-breasted jacket with notch lapels is the most popular and classic style.’
- ‘Instead, opt for a nicely fitted single-breasted blazer, preferably one that can be buttoned all the way up.’
- ‘The knee length single-breasted coat in black & white check can be teamed with a pencil skirt for pure winter warmth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.