One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
immorality, wickedness, sin, wrongdoing, evil, evilness, evil-doing, iniquitousness, corruption, turpitude, ungodliness, godlessness, unholiness, irreligiousness, sacrilegiousness, profanity, blasphemy, impiety, impiousness, irreverence, impurity, depravity, degeneracy, vice, perversion, pervertednessView synonyms
- ‘During this time he allows Jesus to soak up all of his sinfulness and depravity and then to fill him with the presence of Holy Spirit.’
- ‘Learn to have a deeper sense of your own wretched sinfulness and corruption, and to be more deeply grateful, that by the grace of God you are what you are.’
- ‘The church typically reminds them of their sinfulness.’
- ‘I hate all death represents, our fallenness, weakness, sinfulness, corruptness etc.’
- ‘These words directly acknowledge the reality of systemic evil and individual sinfulness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.