Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
At the same time.‘the telethon was broadcast simultaneously on 31 US networks’‘it works simultaneously as character study, teen drama and sci-fi thriller’
at the same time, at one and the same time, at the same instant, at the same moment, at once, concurrently, concomitantlytogether, all together, in unison, in concert, in chorus, as a groupsynchronouslyView synonyms
- ‘In this post I shall provide an example that illustrates all these points simultaneously.’
- ‘She was fully aware of what she was trying to say, and yet she was simultaneously unaware.’
- ‘The Beatles were the first and last pop group who were simultaneously the best in their field and popular too.’
- ‘He was the first guy to beat match two records together and play them simultaneously.’
- ‘The concerts will take place simultaneously at five venues around the world.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.