Oscillatory motion under a retarding force proportional to the amount of displacement from an equilibrium position.
- ‘The cycloid has the property that a particle P sliding on a cycloid will exhibit simple harmonic motion and the period will be independent of the starting point.’
- ‘Do you honestly think physicists study waves and simple harmonic motion and two body problems because we care about the universe?’
- ‘In this issue we discover the principle of simple harmonic motion.’
- ‘The cannonball would exhibit simple harmonic motion.’
- ‘The equation for simple harmonic motion contains a complete description of the motion, and other parameters of the motion can be calculated from it…’