One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A deliberately awful but downright unfunny version of ‘Smoke on Water’ more or less epitomises the whole intention here - twee, simperingly ironic and frankly, tedious.’
- ‘Rita called simperingly.’
- ‘Once again, he speaks in a simperingly lifeless Rada-English accent.’
- ‘They capture headlines by merely walking into a room holding hands, smiling simperingly, commenting on sick African babies.’
- ‘It is the worst, most simperingly preposterous, tepid football song I have ever heard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.