A yellow-flowered herbaceous potentilla with silvery compound leaves, a common grassland weed of north temperate regions.
- ‘But often I grazed fields like this one, searching for silverweed, wild garlic, cress in the damp corners.’
- ‘The Pacific silverweed prefers sunny coastal dunes to marsh edges, sandy bluffs, wetland meadows and mudflats.’
- ‘The undersides of the leaves are silvery with fine hairs, hence the name silverweed.’
- ‘After a last stream - beehives here - we're on a dead-end road with silverweed growing down the middle of the Tarmac.’
- ‘Expansion of the endangered silverweed at Wolf Lake is another sign of success.’