One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The twenty-fifth anniversary of a wedding.
- ‘And they only got away with one of the gold earrings from my husband for our silver wedding anniversary.’
- ‘The play is set in three time zones - the wedding night, the silver wedding anniversary, and then a further 23 years (the present day) later.’
- ‘The couple have three children and two grandchildren and have been on one cruise before, around the Caribbean aboard the Cunard Countess, to celebrate their silver wedding anniversary.’
- ‘They celebrated their silver wedding anniversary in March and have two children, Rebecca, 17, and Rachel, 19.’
- ‘A couple who met when their wheelchairs were loaded into an ambulance taking them to a Ryedale special school have celebrated their silver wedding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.