One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tendency to be eloquent and persuasive in speaking.
- ‘Laura represents everything that he wants; she is an innocent, as yet uncorrupted, a genuine person in a world of silver tongues and those who would use him for their own gain.’
- ‘My only saving grace is my silver tongue - I am pretty good with words, but not much else.’
- ‘So, what if you weren't born with a silver tongue?’
- ‘Timothy was the obvious asset: with his sterling reputation and silver tongue, no mental powers might be necessary.’
- ‘Whether shareholders will see any value will depend on the silver tongues of its management and their advisers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.